Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Self-Improvement

So recently I have been worrying a boat load about things that are out of my control. It keeps me up at night. (i.e. See my last post). So I have to decided to try a new method; it's called self-improvement. I have come to the conclusion to just worry about myself for now. I don't mean to be self-absorbed either, or to not give one flying fudge about anyone else. I just mean I am not going to stress about things are not effecting, or haven't effected me yet.

Why? THERE IS NO POINT.

Seriously. I am just going to worry about the situations that I have a personal control over. For example:

I am going to the gym again. I used to go to the gym everyday, I was so fit and in-shape. Now, I am by NO means fat, but I am definitely not in shape anymore and I miss it. But I have recently been spending so much of my time fretting about things that I ought not to be worrying as much about. So, without giving any seconds thoughts about it, I had stopped going to the gym. My ultimate goal is to get back to the physical peak I was at when I used to workout everyday. Don't worry, I was never a gross body-builder status (no offense body builders, that body type just would not suit me), but I was super fit. So I'm dropping my worries and setting aside time to go to the gym everyday. Plus, going to the gym can actually make you happier! Did you know that fact children?

I am finally going to YouTube again! I have been wanting to get videos up and posted for so long, but yet again, my worries got in the way.. That is probably one of my biggest regrets so far. It was just so fun for me, but I spent my time concerning my thoughts with the trivial and it seriously took over my life. And sometimes I worry about stupid things so much that I lose all motivation to do anything at all. Don't let that happen to you. Stop worrying about the things that are out of your control and don't let them prevent you from doing something you enjoy.

I am giving twice the amount of focus to my schooling. I was giving my efforts to my schooling previously and getting the grades, but I could be trying a lot harder. I would hurry to get stuff done so that I could honestly sit around and wait. For what? Sometimes I didn't even know. Sometimes it was boys.. No lie.. When I should have taken more time on my assignments and not worried about if I was going to be free in case they called. Or in case of whatever was on my mind that day. (I know, really pathetic.. I understand it was).

I am finally finishing my study abroad application. I was so busy worrying out things that Could and Possibly interfere with it and kept putting it off because of all these 'what if's'. What it took me forever to realize is that all of those 'what if's' didn't really matter because they hadn't even happened yet and truth be told, might not ever happen! If something happens to interfere with my going then that is something that I can deal with as it comes. I shouldn't put off an amazing opportunity because of a 'what if'. That's crazy!

So, moral of the story is, worry about yourself. In the best way, build yourself up. Work on the bigger factors of your life and all of the little things will fall into place. Such as the sand, rocks and the jar. You work on putting the bigger stuff (the rocks) in first and then fill in the rest with the sand. If you put the little stuff in first, the rocks won't fit. So let the little things do as they should and fall into place.

Until next time! Byee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment